Saturday, August 8, 2015

Gathering In and Releasing Into

I am continuing my blog posts to inspire me to write more and eventually by next year produce a book about Shamanic Herbalism.  Today we gathered in circle to explore lifestyle medicine.  I offered a shamanic listening exercise to connect with the energy of receiving nourishment from the earth.

This exercise seemed so simple really.   And we all had deep results from participating in it.

I am sharing the shamanic listening exercise here so that you can explore this way of nourishment from the earth for yourself.

Gathering In and Releasing Into ~ Shamanic Listening Exercise:

Go out on the earth.  Take some time to walk and be present with your surrounding.  Do this for a short while.  Pay attention to your breath. As you breathe in, imagine that what you require is coming up into you from the earth.  And when you breathe out, imagine that you are releasing everything so longer required back to the earth.  This exercise will allow you to tune into the rhythm of the earth.  When you are complete, offer gratitude.  

What I have discovered from offering my students and apprentices these exercises over the years is that it is one thing to read this and another to do it.  


I invite you to participate in this exercise and I welcome your feedback in the comments on this blog.  


May it be in Beauty.  

No comments: