Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I heard the silent call of Cedar.


Today is Christmas Eve,
a traditional family
time
for me of wonder.

As a child we would prepare food,

wrap gifts and welcome
friends and family

to feast and exchange presents.
Late at night we would go
to a candlelight
service at our church.

I loved the anticipation of giving and receiving,
the feasting and family connections

and the prayers and connections

through songs to God.

I am still enchanted
by Christmas Eve.

I think it is the anticipation of the birth

of the holy one
that calls me in.
The celebration
of the blessings of birth.
My spiritual path has grown and expanded

over the years.

Nature and the plants

are incorporated
into our celebrations now.

A couple of weeks ago,

I walked on our land

to connect with the trees.

I heard the silent call of Cedar.

"It is not a child that is the holy one.

It is a tree,"

May it be in Beauty.


May you find your own precious holiness.

May the wonders of nature beckon you outside in all kinds of weather.

May we all find peace in our hearts and in the heart of the world.


Green Blessings,
Julie Charette Nunn, Crow's Daughter

Visit www.crowsdaughter.com for information about all of our classes coming in 2009.

No comments: